3. THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR IT
We may collect both Personal Information (as defined above) and Non-Personal Information (that is information, which is not Personal). If we have collected information, which consists of both Personal and Non-Personal (“Combined Information”), we will treat the Combined Information as Personal Information. We will handle your Personal Information in order to comply with the contractual obligations we have under the License Agreement with you. We may also rely on our legitimate interest to handle your Personal Information (e.g. when necessary for internal administrative purposes, service improvement or to maintain a high level of security) or as required by law. Personal Information will be requested when you engage in the following activities:
- When you download the ARTIPIC Software
When you download to ARTIPIC, we will collect personal information about you in form of your email, we will also have our payment services subcontractor collect your credit card information.
- When you visit our homepage
We gather information from your browser when you access our homepage in order to measure number of visitors and from where you are accessing the homepage, including your IP address. You can read more about cookies later in this document.
- When you request our help
Personal information may be stored in our internal systems when a request is sent to support. The information provided during such communication would be name and email address; however additional information could be requested depending on the type of support needed.
- When you send us data to troubleshoot an issue
Sometimes a request to our support results in that we may ask you for a crash dump, a copy of your database or other information that might be sensitive for various reasons and that may include Personal Information. This information may also be submitted to us through a dialog that appears if you encounter a crash. This information will solely be used for troubleshooting and we will delete the information after we are done with the troubleshooting.
- Other Submissions
If you participate in a survey, contest, promotion, events, communicate with us via social media, post a comment to one of our blog posts or otherwise communicate with us where Personal Information is included we may collect this. This could be for example Personal Information you include if you post something to our Twitter account about an issue you are experiencing. Note that if this information is not posted in a secure area, it may be visible to the public.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The main purpose of processing your Personal Information is to provide you with information, products, and/or services that you request from us or to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between us.
- We use the Personal Information to communicate with you through email and other means available. Examples of these messages include:
(1) trial period messages – when you are on a trial period we will follow up on what you think about our services;
(2) service messages – these will cover service availability, security, updates, and other matters relating to your use of our services;
(3) promotional messages – these include for example meeting requests, news and other information we believe may be of interest to you;
(4) messages regarding payment for services and renewal of License. This processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement we have with you, as well as to serve our legitimate interest. You can at any time opt out of promotional and other messages you receive from us, by replying to the person who sent you the message.
- We may monitor, use and store the Personal Information you provide to us to improve and develop our products and services and improve your user experience, for customizing content of messages, our website and other means of communicating with you. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
- Customer specific Personal Information is occasionally given to us to resolve and troubleshoot issues customers may be experiencing. If such data is provided, you grant ARTIPIC the right to access such data for the purpose of identifying and resolve the issue within your organization. Upon request, we can provide a confidentiality agreement as well as providing safe methods to transfer data. This processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement we have with you, as well as to serve our legitimate interest.
- We may also use Personal Information for preventing misuse of the software, and to keep our service secure and to prevent abuse or fraud. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
4.1. SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share aggregated and non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business or research purposes.
4.2. OUR TRUSTED PARTNERS
We collaborate with third parties, agents and service providers to be able to offer our services and fulfil our obligations to our customers. For example, we may share billing information with our service providers for the purposes of processing invoices, or share data with a security consultant to help us get better at preventing unauthorized access, or with an email vendor to send messages on our behalf. We may also share data with hosting providers, payment processors, marketing vendors, and other consultants who work on our behalf and under contractual promises of confidentiality.
4.3. WHERE WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, various locations depending on where our company’s systems are hosted. The data may be processed by employees who work for us or by our suppliers who may be situated in a country outside of EU/EES.
4.4. HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain information about you for as long as we provide services to you, and as long it is required for us to perform any related business activities. After your information is no longer necessary for our business purposes, we will destroy the information unless we have agreed with you that we should keep the information, or a court or administrative order is made to preserve the information, or if it is otherwise stipulated by law.
We will take all reasonable technical and organization actions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. If a security breach should occur, which relates to your Personal Information, we will inform you of this as soon as practicable.
5.1. ABOUT COOKIES
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
5.2. COOKIES ON OUR WEBSITE
ARTIPIC uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Essential operational cookies: These cookies are necessary for ARTIPIC to operate the service you have requested. For example, they allow ARTIPIC to recognize you and then provide you with the service accordingly. These cookies are both persistent and session cookies.
- Analytics cookies: ARTIPIC use these cookies to analyze how the service is accessed, used or is performing. ARTIPIC use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve our services and to target our marketing of our services. These cookies are both persistent and session cookies.
- Functional cookies: ARTIPIC use these cookies to operate certain functions of the service in line with the choices you make. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the service, it is provided as you have previously requested, e.g. remembering your username and how you have customised the service. These cookies are both persistent and session cookies.
5.3. GOOGLE COOKIES
5.4. EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
5.5. ONLINE TRACKING AND REFUSING COOKIES
Please note that if you choose to block cookies, this may impair or prevent the functionality of the service.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
We will on our own initiative, or upon the request of you, rectify, delete, or complete any Personal Information in the register which we find is incorrect, unnecessary, inadequate, or outdated. You have the right to have incorrect details revised under certain circumstances. Please send such requests to email@example.com specifying what you would like to modify.
We will respond and/or implement your preferences within 30 days of receiving your request. In order to provide any Personal Information to you, we will verify your identity and authenticate your access right before doing so.
You can also object to certain Personal Information about you being processed and request that processing of your Personal Information be limited. Please note that the limitation or deletion of your Personal Information may mean we will be unable to provide you with our Services. You also have the right to receive your Personal Information in a machine-readable format and have the data transferred to another party responsible for data processing.
ARTIPIC is committed to handle any request, complaint or concern that you may have about our use of your personal information in a fair and transparent way. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority in your country (if one exists in your country) or supervisory authority.
Our site and services may contain links to and from the websites of third parties such as our partner network. If you follow the link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the websites or these policies.